Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Monday Recap

Well, I was off yesterday and thankfully so. I ran a few miles both Saturday and Sunday which I was highly proud of to do on a weekend. My times again probably weren't the best, but I'm not overly concerned with that at this point. My goal is to run/jog/trot along the entire time and not due any walking. Eventually, I envision some walking. Right now, it really shouldn't be too tough to run it all out. I hit the 2.5 mile mark on Sunday though which was not too terribly bad. There were some tough spots as I ran a different route and the new route led me to some hills. Kind of burned a bit.

I'm still probably not eating completely healthy but I just can't seem to break the mediocre habits I've formed. I wish I could but just can't seem to do it. The precooked meals you can buy that are lower in calories either have entirely way to much sodium or aren't big enough to fill and ants stomach. Any suggestions on some good food items that are tasty and filling?

I know I will need to be a little more aware of what I'm eating once I get into the longer runs as they burn more important carbs. And I need the proper proteins to repair the freshly exercised muscles. I'm sorry I haven't been the best blogger but I try and hopefully it's a little decent to read about the progress. I'll try and make them a little more interesting with the ones to come.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

jessica lynn said...

I'm excited to work out with you this weekend!