Thursday, January 31, 2008

5K Mayhem

Mayhem, no I didn't run in any 5k event but I sure did come close this evening. I ran 3 miles around the neighborhood, up and down a bunch of mountains, ok up and down a bunch of hills, ok ok maybe some rolling knolls. Really they felt a mile high themselves, I slowed to a very very slow run at times heading up the hills but I didn't stop. I ran the entire 3mile course I laid out for myself. I ran it in about 27 mins. I don't know exact time b/c the stopwatch malfuntioned a bit. I did complete the first mile in 8:20 and continued to run two more. I felt pretty good about that. Last time I ran a mile in 8:20 I basically collapsed.

It probably doesn't help that it was sleeting into my face but when you don't renew your membership to the rec center it's kind of hard to work out there, oops. It's not like it's very expensive either, since I'm part of a smaller city, we have a city rec center and it's only $35, how could I not pay that?

Alright, so I started running again now can I freaking keep it up? How does everyone else keep it up? I wish I had more discipline at times. I need to get in a routine but I do to bed to late to wake up early and run and sometimes I work late and want to just go to bed when I get home. Any thoughts?

Have a splended evening!

1 comment:

Tri+Umph said...

If you want to keep at it, you basically need to make your runs the law. Convince yourself that skipping a run isn't even an option.

Over time, you'll just do it. Like brushing your teeth.

I tend to run in the mornings. On the mornings I feel like hitting snooze and sleeping for another hour I tell myself "just put your feet on the floor," and the rest takes care of itself.