Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Day After

Well I completed my 2 mile run last night in the blistering cold. Snow was pelting me in the face the whole time, no not because I was going that fast, it was just coming down that hard. I bucked up and completed the days amount. I ran the entire time but was not the fastest. I believe my time was around 18:30 for the two miles. I know that's under my goal but hopefully with this training I'll be able to complete the half-marathon on an entire running pace. That's a big hopefully.

The following is my running program I picked off of the internet, I have no idea if it's a good one or not (http://www.runningplanet.com/training/your-first-5K-race.html) then move to this one (http://www.runningplanet.com/training/easy-half-marathon-training-program.html). It seems to make sense for me considering I don't think that I can run 3 miles comfortably to begin the second part of the training, which the first day is a 3 mile easy run. Since when is running easy??!!!?? I feel for the runners and have an appreciation for the runners that run the moderate or hard paces. I feel I only have one pace, slow.

So, back to why I'm doing this, not only to be healthy and maybe loose a little weight but my fiance, Jessica, "convinced" me. It probably is a good thing to jump start my weight loss to help for the wedding pictures. She ran for Butler University and all through high school. I have no intentions on making it a competition. I would just love to be able for her to run at her pace without having to be slowed down by me. Maybe by some weird divine intervention I'll have to slow to her pace = ) doubtful, but you never know.

1 comment:

Ian said...

Best of luck with your training. I look forward to seeing your progress.