Saturday, January 26, 2008

Burning

Wow, it's really starting to burn now. Four days of running 2.5 miles really hits you hard. I ran a few of them outside in the blistering cold but then it got even colder and was forced to run inside on a treadmill, that blows. It feels like it takes so much longer to get your run in but in actuality it is less time. I can't wait until it hits the 30's again, I can bare that.

I'm still not eating worth a crap which sucks but it's not nearly as bad as it was before I started running. I need to get my a$$ in gear and eat some healthy stuff!!
I just can't fill my self up with that stuff it seems. I bought some good low calorie to no calorie drinks at costco today. Picked up some propel and some crystal light flavored water.

I hit the 3 mile mark tomorrow! I'm excited and hopefully can pull it off without stopping. It feels so good when I'm done but when I'm about .75 miles into a run it's like "I just feel like stopping and laying down" It takes a lot of extra effort to keep going. I have to come up with all kinds of things in my head on why I'm running. They range from getting in shape for the wedding, to getting in shape for my friends' weddings, to looking good on the water wakeboarding, to look good for the fiance (can't let her think she's marrying a tub of goo)

I'm also happy my knee has held up for me so far, knock on wood. I partially tore my MCL near the end of the summer wakeboarding doing a few tricks that I had landed before but when the front tip of my board caught the wake and took a dive my left knee went with it! Needless to say it didn't feel very good. I'm still not a 100% but I feel pretty good about it. I need to get into PT for some training and workouts on the knee.

Well everyone have a wonderful Saturday night and Sunday.

Take care and wish me luck on my 3 tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rule #1: Don't drink your calories

Rule #2: Don't eat taco bell, drink beer and do jello shots after you work out.

Rule #3: Jessica already knows you're a tub of goo